Listen up, y’all! Forget about greasy street food and embrace the wholesome goodness of our deconstructed falafel salad. This ain’t your ordinary salad – we’ve got all the fixings of classic falafel in here, without any of the heavy carbs. You’ve got your fresh greens, your tangy tahini dressing, and all the bold flavors of the Mediterranean. It’s like taking a trip to the streets of Palestine without leaving your kitchen. Whether you’re trying to eat healthier, make a proper meal in 15min or just looking for a killer salad recipe, this deconstructed falafel salad is the real deal. This is sure to hit the spot, your taste buds will thank you.
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Red Onion
- 2 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1½ cup Chickpeas cooked, rinsed
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- ¼ cup Parsley ﬁnely chopped
- 2 tbsp Water
- 4 leaves Romaine large, chopped
- 2 tsp Cumin
- ¼ Salt
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for three to ﬁve minutes
- until softened. Add the garlic, cumin, and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the chickpeas, 1/3 of the lemon juice, and the parsley, and cook for three to four minutes or
- until the chickpeas are warmed through. Transfer to a bowl and roughly mash the chickpeas with a
- potato masher or fork. Season the chickpeas with additional salt if needed.
- In a small bowl combine the tahini, water, and the remaining lemon juice. Stir until smooth. Season
- the dressing with salt or additional lemon juice if needed.
- To serve, divide the lettuce between plates and top with the chickpeas. Drizzle with the tahini
- sauce and enjoy!
Have you tried this?
Please let me know how it turned out for you and don’t forget to checkout Katie’s blog for more healthy recipes!
Leave a comment below and tag @damnthatsdelicio.us on Instagram and hashtag it #damnthatsdelicious.